The Commission on Funding of Care and Support has presented its findings to the Government in its report Fairer Care Funding, published on 4th July 2011. The letter to the Chancellor and the Secretary of State for Health sent with the report is available for you to read below.
The independent commission, set up by the Government last July, was asked to recommend a fair and sustainable funding system for adult social care in England.
- Fairer Care Funding – Report (PDF: 2,343KB)
- Fairer Care Funding – Easy Read (PDF: 4,556KB)
- Fairer Care Funding Pamphlet (PDF: 2,666KB)
- Volume II Evidence and Analysis (PDF: 3,254KB)
- Volume III Supporting Documents (PDF: 3,821KB
- Presentation of Report Recommendations (PDF: 160KB)
Posts Tagged ‘ADASS’
Social services directors are considering telling the government that they were wrong to rule out funding adult social care through increased taxation.
At a meeting of the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services’ (ADASS) executive council yesterday, members noted that there was still widespread interest in the tax option.
The government has already discounted this as unviable, in its consultation Shaping the future of care together.
But during discussion of the ADASS draft response to the green paper one director said: “There has been a strong groundswell of opinion that we should not eliminate the tax option.”