We received this which may be of interest to some of our readers. All contact details are listed below.
We would like to invite disabled people and local disabled people’s organisations to a workshop to talk about shaping local care services. Radar will write a report and send this to the Department of Health as well as all those who attend the events.
This is your opportunity to influence how social care will be provided in the future.
– Are you happy with what care services you can get locally?
– If you are not happy, why is that and what do you think could be done
– If you need a type of care that isn’t available locally, then what would
be the best way to fill the gaps?
– What would make it easier for you to get the right care?
– What would help you to have more choice and control over your care?
– Who should provide different types of care?
– How can local groups be supported to provide care?
We are arranging two workshops –
London (Radar, City Forum, EC1V 8AF) – Tuesday 22 November 10.30am – 12.30pm (with a ight lunch provided) or Manchester (EHRC, Arndale House, Arndale Centre, M4 3AQ) – Friday 25 November 2pm-4pm (with refreshments)
Please let us know which event you would like to attend (London/Manchester) and if you have requirements to help you participate, e.g. large print materials,
palantypist, dietary needs. BSL/English interpreting will be provided.
We have a limited budget for reasonable travel expenses. These need to be agreed before the meeting.
You can find out more about how social care could change by visiting
Public Affairs Manager